There may be times when it may be easier to visit with our dentist without coming in to the office. At Livermore Dental Care, Dr. David Gibson and our team have implemented teledentistry in Livermore, California using the MomentMD app. This app will allow you to meet with us in the comfort and privacy of your own home!
- What is teledentistry?
Teledentistry is the use of electronic information, imaging and communication technologies, including interactive video to provide and support dental care delivery, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, transfer of dental information and education.
- What are the proven benefits of teledentistry?
- It’s more affordable than in-office dentistry by reducing the cost of care and increasing efficiency through reduced travel times, shared professional staffing and fewer in-person appointments.
- Recent studies on the use of telehealth services have shown that 70 percent of patients are comfortable communicating with their healthcare providers via text, email or video in lieu of seeing them in person, and 76 percent of patients prioritize access to care over the needs for face-to-face interactions with their healthcare providers. In fact, 30 percent of patients already use computers or mobile devices to check for medical or diagnostic information.
- Provide the same level of care to patients as in-office visits. Research indicates that the quality of care and success rates of patients were the same whether patients used telemedicine or not.
- Improve access to care for patients. Approximately 20 percent of Americans live in rural areas where they do not have easy access to dentists and other medical services. Teledentistry eliminates the need to travel long distances and can help health care providers supplement clinician staffing in areas where they are understaffed. It also allows providers to expand their reach to patients beyond their own offices. Teledentistry has a unique capacity to increase providers’ services to millions of new patients.
- How can I connect with my dentist?
Download the MomentMD app, register as a patient, and select dental to find “organization name”
- What can be handled by video?
Pain relief recommendations that can help you feel better, including the appropriate medications if necessary. If the situation needs a dental visit, we will see you at an appointed time in the office.
- How much does your service cost?
We have flat rate consultations and subscription. Call our office at 925-455-9510 for more information.