Dear valued patients of Livermore Dental Care,
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Here, you will find updates that our practice is implementing to ensure the continued safety of patients and team members.
While we will be here doing everything we can in assisting with your dental needs, please understand that we will not be able to accept walk-ins at this time, as we are taking every precaution in maintaining social distancing for your safety, as well as the safety of our team members.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to and exceed each agency’s recommendations.
Changes you will see at your next appointment are for the protection of both patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will ask that you wear a mask during your visit. Our assistants will let you know when to remove and wear your mask.
- We will take temperatures of every incoming person to ensure no person exhibiting symptoms is present in the building.
- In an effort to aid social distancing, we ask that only patients that are receiving treatment come into the office. Please have accompanying individuals wait in the vehicle.
- Please inform us if there is a special circumstance to be considered.
- Although we appreciate patients being early and ready for their appointment, we ask that patients arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointed time, as procedures will be carefully orchestrated to permit for proper social distancing.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- You may notice that our waiting room has devices circulating air, as we’ve implemented UV air sterilizers throughout the office.
- With appointments being managed to allow for social distancing between patients, there may be fewer options offered when scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Some new equipment may be utilized during your visit, as we invest in processes to combat aerosols.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We’ll continue to update you as progress unfolds.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Livermore Dental Care Team
Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, please e-mail Justin@LivermoreDentalCare.com